Monday, February 2, 2009

thur

My Art Market class went to the Fondazione Horne Museum. It was interesting seeing all the objects we had spoken about in the previous class. I was also really excited because a lot of the paintings in the musuem had biblical references and I knew the stories, whereas the other three people in my class seemed to be hearing them for the first time. One painting was of a woman leaving a palace looking really sad. It turns out it was supposed to be Queen Vashti and our teacher explained the first half of the Purim story to us. After class I went back to the apartment for lunch and then walked to school with Alana. We tested each other on our Italian and then each split up to take our tests. My test was not so hard but I think that I made a few careless spelling errors. After class I once again walked to the train station but this time successfully bought our train tickets to Rome. Later that night I had a very nice skype date with Rami :). It was nice to finally catch up with him even if he still hasn't gotten a web cam and I couldn't see him.
I finally bought my tickets home for Pesach. I was debating whether or not to go home for 3 shabbatot or two, but in the end I decided to leave Tue and come back Sunday so that I could have an extra shabbat to travel in Italy/Europe. So hopefully I'll plan something super awesome for that weekend.
At around 8:30 a bunch of people left to go to the Vintage Fair but I was too exhausted to go and didn't really think I would buy anything. I was scared I would regret not going and feel like I missed out on something but when Alana got back she said that she didn't really enjoy it and that most of the items were way too expensive (200 euro for a used bag).
I then packed my bag for Rome and went to bed.
until next time!
-arrivederci

No comments:

Post a Comment