Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Italian students, Community service and once again dinner at Ruth's

Went to class today and once again it was extremely boring but thankfully I had my laptop :). Right after class ended I had a special Italian class. An Italian High School came to NYU and we spent an hour and 15 minutes communicating to them in Italian and English. I was with Arshi and we spoke to an 18 year-old Italian girl and a 19 year-old Italian guy. They were extremely interesting and it was so much fun talking to them. I then went back to the room and steamed some cabbage for lunch. I finally figured out how to use the frier as a steamer and the cabbage came out really well. I then had my community service meeting. In the end I'm going to be giving tours of the Duomo which is great because it's so close to my apartment. I'm really excited to go on my guided tour on Monday and learn how to give tours. I got my badge that says I'm a tour guide and also grants me free access into all the Churchs. I then came back to the room and spoke with Emily and we decided to rearrange the entire bedroom. I love the new arrangement. Instead of having our beds in the middle of the room we now each have our own side and it really opens up the entire room. Then Mara and I went to Ruth's for dinner and had a really nice experience. Ruth's was surprisingly empty for a Wednesday night but that was nice for us because we got our food in under 10 minutes and had a really pleasant time. We both got the meal of the day which was lasagna and it tasted really good. We then stopped by Standa and stocked up on some more food before heading home. When I came back I helped Ilana with some of her Paris planning and showered her places to go and explained how to do certain things.
until next time!
-arrivederci

No comments:

Post a Comment