Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Planning a villa war...

the floor of my room while working on the villa project

Today started out as usual. Intro to marketing was boring as usual and my group presented and of course the entire class was cracking up at Ryan because he always gives really funny presentations. However, after the break Ryan found out that his friends sister had committed suicide. To make the situation even more horrifying - his friend found out that her sister had passed away through facebook. Her parents were flying to her college to tell her in person but word spread before they got a chance to tell her. It was an awful situation and I can't imagine how she must feel.
After class the day got a bit more cheery and I went upstairs to the library to do research on one of my two research midterm papers. I then went to Italian class and we reviewed for our super quiz tomorrow. I then met up with Ellie and scanned our maps but the printer wasn't working and the maps weren't such good quality. So instead I went back to the library and did more research. I then walked home and went to the little office space to do some work. I also sent in my application for the Science and Technology explorations floor. Alana and I then walked to Ruth's for a dinner date. It's weird not living with Alana any more and it was nice to have a chance to catch up with her. Ruth's of course took around 2 hours but we had a very enjoyable meal. However, we started talking about housing now and for next year and I got really sad because I hate having new roommates because each time it's so stressful having to get accustomed to different people's mannerisms and styles of living. Since I applied to be an RA and won't find out for another month I couldn't commit to anyone to be their roommate so I was going to have to go random. I was getting exhausted trying to imagine having 3 new roommates and dealing with the process all over again. It was extremely overwhelming. But I had to study for my Italian quiz so Leora and I studied for a bit. Afterward, I started talking to Maya and since the people she was planning on living with wanted Palladium she said she'd apply to Coral explorations with me if we found a third person. So she asked Valerie if she would want to apply with us and we all applied for the Museum for the Minds floor together. Even though there is no guarantee that we'll all get housing together just knowing there is a chance I'll live with people I know is extremely reassuring. :)
until next time!
-arrivederci

No comments:

Post a Comment