Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Neighborhood Tour

Today was not such an eventful day. But I woke up early and did some work before heading to Mercato Centrale to pick up some fruits and vegetables. The place is huge and is full of different vendors selling many different items. Upstairs is where all the fruits and vegetables are and it was a little overwhelming trying to figure out which vendor to buy food from. I then rushed back to my apartment and got my laundry and took the bus to campus. Our new place has a washing machine but no drier and since I haven't done laundry in like 3 weeks our room would be covered in my clothing if i had to air dry everything. After class I did my laundry and went to the gym. I then rushed home, showered and went on a neighborhood tour with Alexa and a few other Piazza Della Repubblica residents. She showed us surrounding shops and helped us get oriented with our surroundings. Afterwards I walked to Standa (so far away now!!) and stocked up on some food. I then returned home and did some work before heading upstairs and spending around 1 1/2 hrs doing my Italian homework with Ilana and Leora.
until next time!
-arrivederci

No comments:

Post a Comment