Monday, February 2, 2009

GYM!!

So this morning I woke up "late" (8:30 as opposed to 7:30) and just sort of hung out in the apartment until it was time to head to school. It was so nice not having to wake up and rush to get to school. In Italian we got our first quiz back and I got a 40!!! (it was out of 40) so that was super exciting. I had a few spelling errors but he rounds our grades up so I had a 39.25 and ended up with a 40!! Then after class I went to the gym for the first time!!! It was def not as exciting as the Palladium gym (especially since Robert and Dave weren't there with me) but it was still nice to finally run on a treadmill again. Aftewards I walked back. On the way i stopped at the Questra (Police Station). No nothing was wrong, but I can't find my museum pass and in order to get a new one I need to fill out a police report and then show it to school and only then will they issue me a new card. It's a bit strange... But it was fun. I don't know the last time I was at a police station, let alone a police station in another country. At first I went to the wrong entrance but the guards directed me to the other side of the building where the office I needed was located. The guard at this side of the building told me to walk down a corridor then enter the second door on my left, knock on the door and then he just sort of nodded his head. So I followed his instructions (btw this isn't a bustling police station like the ones you see on TV with tons of people and phones ringing all the time and people being led around in handcuffs - this place was empty!). So i walk into the empty room and knock on the door. I hear a mans voice say something (which I assume was "enter" in Italian, but being that I don't speak Italian I have no idea and just decided to enter anyways). There were three men in the room who did not appear to really be doing anything of any value. One of them was sitting at a desk with his computer off and no papers in front of him. The only thing he appeared to be doing was talking to another guy at a different desk who also did not appear to be doing any work. The third guy handed me the forms to fill out. After filling out the report for my "lost or stolen" museum card, I headed back to my apartment.
At 6pm I went with Laura S, Alana and Leora to meet Shulamith, the Rabbi's wife, and Linda, his daughter. Shulamith showed us which items were kosher. Many of the items we already knew about but she was able to tell us which milk was skim, and also showed us kosher bread, yogurts, ricotta cheese, and chips. There were also a few things we weren't sure about but bought anyway and thankfully everything we bought was kosher :). (And don't worry Mollie the rice cakes are okay).
Later in the night we got a surprise visit from Abe because his internet was down. I was able to skype with Lara, Abe's mom and Tort for a bit. Which was super exciting because all three had come up several times over the weekend.
Anyways, it is way past my bedtime...
until next time!
-arrivederci

No comments:

Post a Comment