Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ricasoli

I went to sleep at like 11:30 the night before and woke up at 8:30 this morning and it was great! I had such a good nights sleep. I then had a really nice davening because I wasn't rushed to get to class and it was just such a nice way to start my day. I did some work before heading to Mercato Centrale to buy fruits and vegetables. I love going to Mercato Centrale because now I'm finally eating vegetables again. :) I then went to campus for Italian. I walked back with Leora and on the walk she told me that Shiffy Staiman got engaged. It was so weird because on my walk to school I was actually thinking about Shiffy and how I hadn't spoken to her in a while. Crazy! I'm so excited for her and Noam. I got back to my apartment and did some work. I then steamed some vegetables and Alana stopped by and we ate my veges and talked. I miss living with Alana so it was nice catching up with her for a little bit. I then rushed over to Ricasoli to have dinner with Ellie and start our Florentine Villa project. I brought my kosher pot and dishes so that we can make pasta for the two of us. It wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be and it was really nice hanging out at Ricasoli. I miss having a common room where everyone hangs out (like we did in Piazza D'Azeglio) so it was nice spending time at Ricasoli and seeing so many people. Ellie and I spent a while looking at the maps and trying to find our portion of the land. Megan never told us which villas were on our piece of land so we had to search through the entire book before finding our villa. But I eventually got in contact with her and confirmed our villa and then the process went a lot faster. We have to write a paper about the transformation of our land over time. It's a really interesting assignment but it's just very time consuming so that's a little frustrating. I spent like 4 hours at Ricasoli and then finally at 11 I headed home.
until next time!
-arrivederci

No comments:

Post a Comment