Thursday, February 12, 2009

good-bye to the fam and of course dinner at Ruth's

I woke up and headed to class. Once again Intro to Marketing was boring but at least I had my laptop this time. After class I went upstairs to work on my Art Market paper for a bit. I then had Italian and afterwards I met Mommy, Daddy and Jack on campus. I showed them around campus for a bit before bringing them to Villa La Pietra where they got a private tour of the house and gardens. Daddy and Mommy really enjoyed it. I had already gone on a tour with my villas class but it was fun going again because I learned new things that my teacher hadn't mentioned in class. For instance, there is one room with a fresco on all 4 walls and ceiling. There is a painting of cupid and because it was angled weirdly we think the artist didnt know how to draw the foot so instead he made it 3D. It's not so easy to spot so I didn't notice it in my first visit but it's so cool that the fresco is 3D! I then introduced the fam to a few friends and we hung out in the cafe for a while. We then bused back (my 3rd time since I got here) and went to the hotel to hang out for a bit before they left. I then rushed over to Ruth's to meet everyone for an OSL sponsored dinner (they were treating us to dinner because of the move). Dinner was a little hectic but it was nice. We got a huge bottle of wine and all split meals and it was really nice. We also got to bond with Alessandra, Mary and Alexa. After dinner Alana and I walked back to the apartment and I went with her to her apartment to pick up the pots and kitchen items that OSL bought for us now that we're all split up and can't share the kosher stuff anymore. I then worked on my paper before heading to bed.
until next time!
-arrivederci

No comments:

Post a Comment