Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Jog on the Arno.

So today I returned from campus at around 3:30 and it was still light outside and was surprisingly NOT raining (it rains/drizzles like every day here). So I thought to myself, why not go for a run? So I put on my super awesome underarmour cold gear shirt and went jogging. I thought I would be freezing, but the underarmour worked like magic and kept me warm. I ran along the Arno because at orientation they said there was a jogging path but I couldn't find one :'( so I ran on the cobble stone - which probably wasn't such a good idea but I just needed to go running. If you wanna see the path I ran on you can click here. You can zoom in up close and even see the cobblestone that I ran on. On the way back from the apartment I passed the Duomo and there was an Asian couple taking wedding pictures in front of the Duomo. It looked really pretty but then I noticed that the bottom of the woman's white wedding dress was all muddy because of the rain. Whatever. Then I came back to the apartment showered and hung out until it was time to meet Mollie and Brit!!! I met them at Ruth's at 7:15 and we stayed until a little after 9. Yep, I spent another 2 hrs at Ruth's. It's crazy because Wednesday is the 10 euro special deal so a ton of college students came (mainly CUNY students) for the discount so the place was packed. But the service was awful!! They kept forgetting about people's orders and bringing people the wrong items. There was also a group of 4 girls waiting to be seated for 30 minutes. But I guess if you're the only Kosher restaurant in Florence you can do what ever you want. I also hate that the portions are so small in Italy. Brit, Mollie and I were so hungry that even after we finished our main dishes we still wanted more food so we ordered a pizza and split it. It was really nice finally being able to see them.
Once again it's late and I should be in bed so...
until next time!
-arrivederci

1 comment: