Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bananagrams?!?! (ps - sorry its so long)

So after I posted the last post I actually ended up doing something. It was around 3:20 and Alana and I were looking at Zandi's pictures and saw pictures of the chocolate fair thing. And we were like OMG it's so cool. So since shabbos we can't take pictures and I'm going to Lucca on Sunday we decided to run out and quickly visit the chocolate fair. It was so much fun. There was chocolate in all shapes and sizes and a bunch of booths even had frog chocolates!!! We then headed back and I stopped off at the 99 cent store and Standa and Alana ran back. I then got back to the apt like 5 minutes before shabbos started, got dressed quickly and then went to shul.
Shul was packed this week (around 40 women and 30 men). Afterwards we once again headed to Chabad and Alana and I raced there so we could beat the crowd and get good seats (basically seats not next to the Chabad son - I know it's mean but we don't really know how to react to what he does so we figure it's best if we just don't sit near him). We got there and a bunch of girls were already there (Mollie and Britt and their 4 friends) so the chairs were near where the son would sit so we sort of paused for a second and before we knew it like 25 people rushed in to the Chabad house and we were left with no seats. :( BUT... then they opened up a new table and all was good. Our apt ended up sitting at that table with two adult couples and I joined Mollie, Britt and the 4 others.
After Chabad we headed back to the apt and played.... BANANAGRAMS!!! Also, Alana and I had bought a beer earlier in the week and Alana decided she wanted some so we opened it and split it. It was a pretty big bottle of beer and I drank my half thinking Alana was drinking hers... but she wasn't! So there we were on a Friday night and I was drunk while playing bananagrams. It was a lot of fun though and honestly I've never been better. I think I won the majority of the games which was really impressive for me. I had a great time. Even if I was a little embarrassed...
The next day my phone alarm went off at 10... I don't really know how to work the phones yet so I guess I had set the alarm and never turned it off... But Alana and I woke up and made it to shul. Once again there was a huge crowd. But at Chabad the crowd was smaller than the night before. Mollie and Britt were at shul and Chabad and after lunch we went back to my apt to show them the place and then went for a walk to Piazza Michelangelo. It was pouring rain and we ended up taking the long route but it was a nice walk all the same. Because it was so rainy it wasn't such a good view from the Piazza but Mollie and Britt hadn't been there yet so they were still able to see a nice view of Florence even if it was a little cloudy. We then went back to their hotel room and played BANANAGRAMS until Shabbat was over!!! And guess what... I won again!!!
Anyways, it's a little after 1 am now and I'm waking up in less than 8 hours... AHH! so I'll write about Sat night tom...
until next time!
-Arrivederci

1 comment:

  1. wow laura you sound like you are having so much fun especially with mollie because she is awesome :) haha... i love you so much have the best time... i will be following your blog! MWA

    ReplyDelete