Monday, March 9, 2009

Ta'anit Esther

Woke up at around 11:30 after going to bed at 2 and then sort of just hung out in the apartment for a bit. I then finished making my costume and went shopping with Reva for stuff for the breakfast and other random stuff. We then came back to the apartment and baked hamentashen with Atara for a bit before heading to Danielle Grushko's to start decorating the apartment for the seudah tomorrow.
When we got back we quickly made a salad before Reva ran out to practice for megillah reading. All day I was debating whether or not to go to Migdal Oz or stay here for megillah reading and finally at like 4 I decided I wanted to go to Migdal Oz but the one ride i could have had was full and I wouldn't have made it in time otherwise. Really annoying but whatever, nothing I could do about it... I then finished up my costume and we waited for Sarena before heading to the place where the women's megillah reading was going to take place. It was really cute. Reva read two prakim and then there was a nice break fast. We then headed back to Reva's apartment for a little bit.
I changed out of my bananagrams costume because the bottle started to get really annoying. We then headed to the amphitheatre. Everyone was super excited about this amphitheatre. It was on the Bar Ilan campus like a 15 minute walk from the gate. I still can't get over how big the campus is. Anyways, we just hung out there for a bit and drank girls drinks. We didn't have a bottle opener so Reva and Shoshana opened up the bottles by banging them against the side of the steps. It was really funny. Also, because Reva rarely drinks she had no idea what chasers were so she left the juice in the apartment so we just had spritzers and vodka. But even so noone really got drunk and we just sat around singing and talking. Adi also came for like 2 hours. It was really nice to see him again after so long. After I walked him back to his car I went back to Reva's apartment and Yaakov was there with Sarena but when I got to the apartment I had to run to the bathroom and missed his name so I just thought he was another random guy from the building. But then when i got out and sat down with them I was like Sarena I thought Yaakov was here, and they all looked at me strangely and said this is Yaakov... then we all started laughing at me and played bananagrams until heading to bed.
until next time!
-arrivederci

No comments:

Post a Comment