Friday, March 6, 2009

off to Israel!

Woke up at 4am and took a cab to the airport. I got to the airport before it opened so I had to wait inside the terminal for around 15 minutes before checking in. One of the people who worked in the airport went around to all the women who worked there and gave them a bouquet of flowers and I also got one.

I then hung out in the airport for an hour and a half before taking the shuttle to the plane. The plane ride wasn't so bad and I fell asleep for some of it. I had a connecting flight in Vienna so I had an hour and half before boarding the next plane. I would have loved to have a longer layover and travel Vienna but whatever... I got internet access in the airport and downloaded a tv show to watch on the plane there. The plane took off 1/2 hr late so I was a little scared about shabbos but it ended up working out fine and we landed on time. I saw next to a guy who was probably over 6"6'. He barely fit in the seat and he couldn't sit straight but had to sit sideways so his knees would fit. I have no idea how he was able to sit like that for 3 hours. But he was really nice and we spoke for most of the flight. I then landed at the airport and took a cab to Bar Ilan. When I stepped out of the airport the weather was beautiful. I was wearing short sleeves and was still really hot. It was so exciting to be in Israel again. I even had so much fun talking to my cab driver. We got to talking and he asked me if I was dati, and I said yes. But then he looked me up and down in the rearview mirror and gave me a weird look because I was wearing sweatpants and short sleeves and then he said ehhh... to each their own (or whatever the equivalent is in hebrew). He was nice. I then arrived at Reva's and showered and got ready for shabbat. I still can't believe I'm in Israel...
until next time!
-arrivederci

No comments:

Post a Comment