Sunday, March 8, 2009

Migdal Oz



Woke up a few times but only got out of bed at 11:30... which was amazing. Hadar had left for work at 9am so I hung out downstairs with her sister for a little bit before heading to the makolet where I bought minutes for my Israel phone. It was so weird being back in Efrat and seeing all the places that I used to visit everyday. I then walked to Migdal Oz and took a tremp up the hill. It was so sad on my walk I passed one of the gates and one of the chayalim asked me if there was a makolet nearby and I told him there was one in Efrat and he got excited and asked how far away so i said like a 10 minute walk. He then looked really really sad so I told him he should ask any girls he sees walking to Efrat if they could buy him something. Then once I got to Migdal Oz I called my friends and they gave me the code to get into the campus. My friends that were still learning there weren't in that day because they were working but there were still a few people that I recognized. I davened in Miri's makom and then headed down for lunch. I saw a bunch of people I knew at lunch including Talya Harczstark and Nichama Twersky. It was so weird being back in Migdal Oz and seeing all the little changes since I had been there. I then started walking to Efrat and caught a tremp to Kenyon Malka. I wasn't meeting Miri for a while so I walked around the mall for a bit but didn't really find anything I liked. I then waited for a bus to take me to merkaz hair. While I was waiting for a bus, a guy got out of his car and started yelling at the bus driver. Apparently the bus driver had nearly run him over and the other driver was going crazy. He even started to get really violent and break things in his arms reach. But the bus driver stayed calm and eventually the other driver got back in his car and drove off. There was no real damage done everything was able to snap back into place but it was still really scary. I decided not to get on that bus and just waited for a diff one. I made it to Cup of Joe and waited a few minutes for Miri to show up. It was nice catching up with her and I was proud of myself that I was able to speak with her in hebrew. After Miri left I tried to get in touch with Kayla Zecher but she wasn't answering her phone so I decided to just head to the shuk and pick up mishloach manot. I ran into Sarah Zweig and we walked around the shuk together. I then walked to the tachana ha'merkazi and bought myself burgers bar for pre fast dinner. Its so weird how much the tachana ha'merkazi has changed since my year in Israel. The one change that I can't stand is how the bathrooms are no longer free. There used to be a bathroom in the foodcourt and one on the sublevel that were free but now you have to pay for all of them. It's only 1 shekel but it still just bothers me because I can't go a billion times before I have to take a long bus ride. I ran into someone I knew on the busride home and there were no seats together by the time we got on the bus but a guy was really nice and gave up his seat and sat next to a charedi guy so we could sit next to each other. I then got back to Reva's apartment and all of her roommates including Shoshana Cohen were there so we hung out for a while before heading to bed. Also, Atara Berkowitz had made really good vegetable soup that we all had.
until next time!
-arrivederci

No comments:

Post a Comment