Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Shushan Purim

Woke up early so I could get to Jerusalem and meet up with Adi in the tachana hamerkazi before he had to head back to his base. When I got to the bus stop Becky was still there (she had left at 8 when I was waking up). She said all the buses had passed her because they were full so they didnt stop. So we walked to a bus stop 10 minutes away that had otehr buses to Jerusalem. But on the walk we saw the bus that I was planning on making pass and it wasn't so full so we could have gotten on. We then caught a bus 20 minutes later. Adi called me around 25 minutes before I got to the tachana hamerkazi and told me he was already there but he couldn't wait for me because he had to continue on to his base. So it was sad that i couldn't see Adi one last time before I left. I then headed to the Comet's to drop off my napsack. I hung out wit Michele for a bit before heading to Rimone's seudah. It was so cute seeing Rimone host a seudah. I don't think i've seen her since she got married. She and Josh were really cute together. One of their guests had left and came back an hour later completely wasted. It was sad to see him go from being so happy to extremely sick. We then looked at Rimone and Josh's wedding pictures (apparently it was the first time they looked through all of them at once). I then walked around the shuk for a bit before heading to the kotel to daven mincha. On the way I walked down Ben Yehuda and saw a really cute girl dressed as a butterfly dance to one of the street performers playing music. A few tourists started to take pictures of her. It was crazy how many costumes I saw and how many drunk people there were. I even saw like 12 year olds who could barely walk straight because they were so drunk. The kotel wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be and I was able to even find a seat to sit down and write a note to stick in the kotel. I also wrote a few notes for people who had asked me to write notes for them. I then was really tired and decided to take a bus back to Rimone's. It prob took 3 times as long because of all the traffic and the route it took but I was able to sit down so that was fine. I hung out at Rimone's for a bit and eventually left with Abby/ Avital. We went to Masaryk and had a really nice dinner. We also got an amazing chocolate volcano cake for desert.
We weren't so hungy after the meal but we waited like 15 minutes after we finished eating to get the cake because it was too good to pass up on. I also ran next door before we got desert to get a gift for the Comet's. Reva had told me about a really nice tea that i could give to the Comet's for dessert but I wasn't able to find it anywhere. So I finally gave up and was going to get a bottle of wine but then found the tea in the wine shop so that was a nice surprise. After dinner I went back to Avital's place and we hung out there for a while. Her place was really nice. The Comet's then called me to ask me to come back because Yoni had a phone interview and I didn't have a key. So I raced back to the Comet's. I was proud of myself that i was able to find my way from Avital's to the Comet's. I got lost for one block but only for like half a block and then turned back and found my way. I slept in the office upstairs because originally Becky was supposed to join me and we were supposed to have dinner and then both sleep at the Comet's but she called me early today to let me know that she wasn't going to make it in time. So I had the office upstairs and a king size bed all to myself :).
until next time!
-arrivederci

No comments:

Post a Comment